Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Saturday night, Jeff and I went to our ward's Halloween party. I even got Jeff to dress up with me!

Here's our costume:


Can you guess what we're supposed to be??

Here's a close-up...



Did you guess from this one?

We had to explain our costume to many of the people at the party. If you haven't guessed it yet, here are a couple of clues.

Our names are Gene and Jean.
We are dressed in all blue.
We are two.

We are....






A pair of blue jeans!!




hee hee hee

We had fun at the ward party. I brought spider cupcakes for the cupcake decorating contest.


I got the idea from my friend's blog, Recipe Shoebox, and I think they turned out really cute!

Here are a couple of pics of the rest of the cupcakes.



Of course I thought mine were the best and was lobbying like crazy for people to vote for them. Jeff and I were helping with one of the games, so we didn't even end up voting!

Well, I didn't win.

Here's the winning cupcake:


(Sorry it's a little blurry. I neglected to take an individual picture of it, so I had to crop it out of a different picture.)

This lovely cupcake was entered by the Allison and Jeff! When she won, she said that Jeff made all the shoes by hand out of marizpan! I leaned over to my Jeff and said, "He made the shoes out of marzipan! How could I even compete with that!"

As I mentioned, Jeff and I helped out with a game. The kids had to throw little orange and black balls at a velcro Ghost dart board. It was fun to see the kids play this game--especially the littlest ones, who didn't quite understand throw and simply placed the balls right on the board. :-)

1 comment:

Lanna Palmer said...

What a great last min. costume! That makes me laugh:) I loved your cupcakes too, so crafty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails